Following the detailed procurement exercise, the Airport has chosen to implement our web-based property and asset management solution, tf cloud.
Birmingham Airport is 8 miles south east of Birmingham city centre, in the Metropolitan Borough of Solihull. The airport is the 7th busiest in the UK and almost 10 million passengers used the airport in 2014. The airport offers both domestic flights within the UK, and international flights to destinations in Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent, North America and the Caribbean.
Birmingham Airport required a system that would provide them with a 360 degree view of their complex and numerous assets and assist them with the development of their internal asset strategy. Functional requirements included:
- Asset registration with documented essential static and dynamic data.
- Annual maintenance plans for all assets.
- Maintenance work order management.
- Maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Availability of accurate data and reports that provide facts for decision making, financial control and demonstration of regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Asset management and life cycle management.
- Strategic capital investment planning. Reporting on asset condition, initial capital investment, capital depreciation and replacement costs.
- Estates management.
- Resource management and business optimisation.
In addition to these functional requirements, it was also essential that Birmingham Airport selected a supplier which would take a partnership approach to the implementation of the system whilst remaining cost effective.
tf cloud proved to be the best fitting solution and Birmingham Airport entered into a contract with The Technology Forge in March 2015.
Andrew McConnachie, Development & Infrastructure Manager at Birmingham Airport comments:
"As part of Birmingham Airport's Asset Management optimisation, we took the decision to work with The Technology Forge, after an extensive procurement process. The Technology Forge will provide a new CMMS System which will be a key tool, interfacing with other business systems, to assist in increased Asset Performance, Asset Planning and enhanced Operational Capability through Whole Life Asset Management. We look forward to working with The Technology Forge during their 5 Yr Contract, and these exciting times of growth for the airport."
Mark Wardman, Managing Director of The Technology Forge comments:
"We are delighted to be working with our very first airport client. Over the past 16 years we have worked in a wide range of industries and this latest contract win is testament to the versatility of our software. We are looking forward to working in collaboration with the Birmingham Airport Team and helping them achieve operational efficiencies through their asset portfolio."