Birmingham City Council by Numbers
- Population: 1,073,000
- Under 25’s: 404,000
- Working Age: 682,000
- Households: 428,000
- University Students: 65,000
- Schools: 472
- The Council owns 40 square miles of the city.
- Birmingham has more canals than Venice.
- Birmingham is the largest City Council in Europe.
TF enables and informs strategic decision making as well as being a crucial part of the day to day operation and management of the Council’s assets. The Council uses tf facility to effectively manage over £4.8bn in assets covering schools, houses, commercial & industrial letting and council offices.
Throughout the time that TF and BCC have worked together, the key aspect has been the partnership approach that both parties have adopted. This has delivered enormous savings benefits to both organisations and has helped TF to develop software and services that make a real difference. This is evidenced by the growth of TF which is now the market leading Asset Management Software supplier to the Public Sector with over 150 major clients.
- Visibility - The Council is getting a granularity of detail that was never possible before.
- Real Savings and Cost Reductions - substantial savings identified through system data.
- Control over Property Portfolio - clear view of property assets and where money is going.